Tasting the crisp, clean air at Kodachrome Basin State Park is the perfect way to ease your frazzled nerves.
Bryce Canyon National Park, where it is situated, lies 230 miles (370 kilometers) from the capital of the state, Salt Lake City.
Accommodation choices nearby are in short supply, with only 1 hotel available. It is a quick drive of just 6 miles (10 kilometers) to Kodachrome Basin State Park from the Grand Staircase Inn.
Other Things to Do Near Kodachrome Basin State Park
After you're finished at Kodachrome Basin State Park, you're not likely to run out of things to do with all of the additional possibilities in the rest of the area:
- Pull on your favorite walking boots and head out to Mossy Cave Trail. This picturesque and rewarding hiking trail is a great way to immerse yourself in the natural splendor of this region.
- Dinosaur National Monument is a local attraction that will transport you to another era. You will see an archaeological dig, in addition to a number of items that were found as a result.
- If you would like to get your bearings, make the journey to Bryce Point and enjoy the panoramic views.
- Feast your eyes on the rugged outlook and rocky surrounds of Wall Street, a masterpiece of nature.
- Strive to understand everything you always wanted to know about periods and ages at Bryce Museum, and quench your thirst for knowledge.