The capital city of the Philippines, Manila, is the economic and cultural home of the small, bustling island nation and the gateway to all its treasures. Home to civilization since at least the 10th century and located on picturesque Manila Bay, this city has tons of activities and attractions and is a great choice as a home base for any Southeast Asia adventure. And thanks to Travelocity, cheap flights to Manila via Ninoy Aquino International Airport (MNL) are easy to procure and make exploring the Philippine Islands the perfect trip for adventurers of all kinds.
Transportation from MNL
One of the first things you’ll want to do after your Manila flight’s arrival, is figure out how you’re going to get around this incredible city. Hotels near Ninoy Aquino International Airport are a great choice if you're looking for a high-class stay without any transportation hassle. That’s because many of these hotels offer complimentary 24-hour shuttle service to and from the airport. And with daily flights to Manila, it's easy to get in and out of the city at your convenience. If you plan on staying in Manila's downtown area, which is usually a 30-minute drive away depending on traffic, several options for ground transportation are available. Taxis are common, but we'd recommend avoiding any drivers who try to solicit you and only taking prepaid, metered, or official cabs available inside the airport. Some of the bigger downtown hotels will book you a private car, which gives you more freedom of movement, but tends to be more expensive than a taxi. Alternately, you can ask for a private car yourself inside the terminal. Public transit is also available via the Manila Light Rail Transit System, the city's metropolitan rail system. The nearest station is Baclaran Station, which is a short taxi ride from the airport.
Hotels in Manila
After choosing one of our flights to Manila to take you to the Philippines, you’ll want to decide where you’re going to stay. If this is your first time visiting the country, you might not know where to begin evaluating your options. To help you decide, here are four of the most popular hotels in the city:
- Fairmont Makati, Manila: With floor-to-ceiling windows that offer unobstructed views of the city, this hip hotel is among the island’s best. Located in Manila’s business district less than 10 miles from Greenbelt Park, the Fairmont Makati is adjacent to several commerce and transportation centers that make it easy to get around town. Guestrooms feature rainfall showerheads, high-def TVs, and high-end coffeemakers among other amenities. If you’re interested in the best this hotel has to offer, upgrade your accommodation for Wi-Fi access among other perks. And when you inevitably work up an appetite, the hotel’s laidback restaurant quickly hits the spot with its international cuisine. And if you don’t already have enough reasons to book a room here, there’s also an upscale cafe, a classic cocktail bar, and a study lounge awaiting your arrival.
- Holiday Inn & Suites Makati: Located less than 2 miles from Metro Manila Skyway and just a few minutes from Manila’s vibrant downtown district, the refined Holiday Inn & Suites Makati is right next to the shops and restaurants in Ayala Center. Rooms here include complimentary Wi-Fi and large flat-screen TVs, plus fully stocked minibars and everything you need to make tea or coffee in the morning. Those in need of a little extra room are encouraged to reserve suites, which come with sofa-beds and microwave ovens. And those who’d like to upgrade to a club-level room can enjoy a free breakfast and evening cocktails in the Inn’s lounge. Children under 20 stay for free, plus there’s a rooftop pool, spa, and cocktail bar, as well as an on-site restaurant and recreation center.
- Heritage Hotel - Manila: Situated just short walk from the transit stop near Roxas Boulevard and Avenida Epifanio de los Santos, and a mere mile from SM Mall of Asia, this exquisite accommodation includes well-appointed rooms with marble accents. Among other amenities here, you can expect complimentary internet access, cable television, and coffeemakers in every room. And if you’d like a few more bells and whistles, upgrade to a club room or suite to gain access to the lounge offering exclusive butler service. As for your food and drink, a free breakfast is served daily at the Heritage, while the lounge in the lobby is an ideal place to grab a drink and listen to live music.
- Dusit Thani Manila: Spend some time in the gym, spa, or swimming pool at this high-end hotel that lies just 1 mile from Pasay Road train station and just a short drive from Rizal Park and the SM Mall of Asia. Guest rooms here come with amenities including mini-fridges, high-def TVs, and complimentary Wi-Fi, plus everything you need to make coffee or tea is at your fingertips. If you’d like a little more breathing room, spacious suites come with an additional living area and extra furniture. And if you’re feeling hungry, room service is available around the clock, or you can grab a seat at any of the hotel’s four on-site eateries.
Things to Do in Manila
By saving you money on airfare to Manila, Travelocity makes it easier for you to check out all the attractions in the Philippines. Here are a few of the most popular activities:
- Pay a visit to Rizal Park to soak in some natural beauty and experience local events.
- Check out the cultural exhibits at nearby San Agustin Church.
- Attend live shows about indigenous marine life at Manila Ocean Park.
- If history and culture are what you’re in search of, a trip to the National Museum of the Philippines is a must.
Philippines vacation packages start with cheap airfare to Manila, and Travelocity makes it easy for you to plan your trip to this vibrant, historical city in minutes. And not only do we have an abundance of cheap tickets to Manila, but you can save hundreds of dollars by bundling your hotel and airfare together. Browse our deals today and you’re bound to find a travel package that’s perfect for you.