You'll certainly enjoy your time at Centennial Park.
Anchorage, the city where it's situated, is a much-loved place to visit any time of the year.
Staying in the vicinity of Centennial Park won't be too hard, due to the fact that there are 2 different hotels less than 6 miles (10 kilometers) away. You can take a peek at the SpringHill Suites Anchorage University Lake and Camai Bed And Breakfast.
Pull up a chair, take the weight off your feet and savor a bite to eat at Motor Mocha, a well-known place only a short distance from Centennial Park. Or, you might try a proper meal at Sicily's Pizza, also nearby. Anybody who loves an invigorating drink or two should also pay a visit to Wild Wings 'n Things, yet another brief walk away.
Other Things to Do Near Centennial Park
After Centennial Park, why not stop by the area's other attractions? Here are a few places to start:
- History may not come to life in school rooms, but the exhibits at Alaska Native Heritage Center make learning a meaningful experience for all patrons.
- Cook Inlet is the ideal spot to take a boat trip or to simply look out to sea.
- Get to know the difference between your birdies, backswings and bogeys, with a few rounds at Moose Run Golf Course.
- Those interested in the military will enjoy spending some time at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson. If you make arrangements in advance, there's a chance you can tour the facility.
- Let the kids burn off some of their energy by running around at Nunaka Valley North Park, a grassy getaway.