Some specialists spend years learning about just one single breed of animal. For those among us that may not possess the same amount of devotion, an afternoon spent at California Living Museum should be sufficient.
Bakersfield, approximately 260 miles (418 kilometers) away from the capital of the state, Sacramento, is where you will find it.
We won't say you're spoiled for choice as far as searching out hotels in the vicinity of California Living Museum, but there are 3 options within 6 miles (10 kilometers) that you'll be able to pick from. Spend some time comparing the amenities and features at the Hampton Inn & Suites Bakersfield/Hwy 58, CA and Motel 6 Bakersfield East.
Anyone who values a good deal is sure to take pleasure in spending a night or two at the Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-East, just 5 miles (8 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near California Living Museum
Once you're finished visiting California Living Museum, get ready for everything that the wider region has to offer:
- Brush up on the difference between birdies, backswings and bogeys, with a game or two at Kern River Golf Course.
- Ernst Quarries is an attraction that is guaranteed to transport you back in time. You will see an archaeological dig, in addition to some of the intriguing items that were unearthed.
- Take a walk through Bakersfield College, and appreciate the historic buildings and grounds.
- Learning more about the history of a region at Kern County Museum can help you to become more invested in the land and its citizens during your vacation.
- Give your eyes a treat and explore the creative works at Bakersfield Museum of Art, a prominent art museum which should headline your cultural attractions list.