A visit to Amasa Day House is bound to be a fascinating experience.
Old Saybrook, where it is located, lies 20 miles (32 kilometers) from the capital city of the state, Hartford.
Prepare in advance when searching for hotel options nearby. There aren't any in the immediate vicinity, but there is a selection a little farther away. Situated just 20 miles (32 kilometers) away is Mystic. There you'll find a selection of 14 places to stay. The Residence Inn by Marriott Mystic Groton, Holiday Inn Express Mystic and Hilton Mystic are some good examples of your choices here.
If all the day's walking has left you more than a bit famished, make tracks to Hilltop BBQ (12 Rae Palmer Road, Moodus). It's a mere 0.2 miles (0.3 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Amasa Day House
After enjoying Amasa Day House, why not swing by some of the other attractions in the area? Here are a few places to start off with:
- Machimoodus State Park is the perfect getaway for visitors hoping to spend some time outdoors.
- A memorable wonderland of wildlife and trees is on display in Salmon River State Forest, a charming local forest.
- You can imagine that you've been transported to an earlier time as you explore Nathan Hale Schoolhouse, a local historic house.
- Avid and casual readers alike will like spending time at Scherer Library of Musical Theatre, a local library. Ensure that you contact the library first for information on hours and visiting.
- Get in touch with your cultural side and attend a play at Goodspeed Opera House.