Pet lovers shouldn't miss the chance to visit Amarillo, a family-friendly city known for its restaurants and cafés, as well as attractions like Amarillo Museum of Art and American Quarter Horse Hall of Fame. Take your pick from Travelocity's 47 pet-friendly hotels and accommodations in Amarillo and bring your fur babies along!
How to Wander Wisely in Amarillo with Your Pet
- Enjoy the fresh air at Palo Duro Canyon, Amarillo Botanical Gardens, and John Stiff Memorial Dog Park.
- Other things to see include Splash Amarillo, Don Harrington Discovery Center, and Cadillac Ranch.
- Need a pet store? Try Tuesday Morning, Bark Avenue, or Aqua Calm.
- For vet care, Animal Medical Center of Amarillo, Mobile Veterinary Practice, and Yarbrough Veterinary Clinic are located in the area.
Best Pet-Friendly Hotels in Amarillo
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Amarillo Airport
Pets stay free at this 2.5-star hotel, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate its proximity to the airport and comfy beds.
- Red Roof Inn Amarillo West
Pets stay free at this 2-star hotel, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate the pool and helpful staff.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Amarillo I-40 West, TX
Pets are allowed for a fee at this 3-star hotel. Guests appreciate the breakfast and pool.
Pet-Friendly Times to Vacation in Amarillo
Weather can make a huge difference, especially if you're hoping to spend time outdoors. Here are the average day and night temperatures to help plan your time in Amarillo.
From January to March, average temperatures range from 67°F in the daytime to 23°F at night. Between April and June, the daytime average is 91°F and the nighttime average is 37°F.
From July to September, average temperatures range from 92°F in the daytime to 51°F at night. Between October and December, the daytime average is 77°F and the nighttime average is 23°F.