FAQs about SWISS Flights
Where does SWISS fly?
Roam more of our spectacular world with SWISS. When you book your next flight through Travelocity, you'll have access to many exhilarating destinations — along with some of the most affordable airfares on offer. Adventure is a plane ride away!
Explore more of this great nation in the comfort of an SWISS aircraft. The following are their most sought-after national routes:
- Zurich Airport (ZRH) to Geneva Airport (GVA-Cointrin Intl.) with 99 flights every month
- Geneva Airport (GVA-Cointrin Intl.) to Zurich Airport (ZRH) with 99 flights every month
You're bound to find SWISS planes in every corner of the world. Their most frequented international flight routes include:
What airline is LX?
- Zurich Airport (ZRH) to Berlin Airport (BER-Brandenburg) with 143 flights every month
- Zurich Airport (ZRH) to London Airport (LHR-Heathrow) with 121 flights every month
- London Airport (LHR-Heathrow) to Zurich Airport (ZRH) with 117 flights every month
- Geneva Airport (GVA-Cointrin Intl.) to Frankfurt Airport (FRA-Frankfurt Intl.) with 91 flights every month
The IATA code for SWISS is LX. Airlines from around the globe are assigned an IATA code by the International Air Transport Association. These two characters are used for many purposes, such as tickets, tariffs, communications and timetables. How do I find my flight number?
How early can you check bags for a flight?
- You'll receive a travel itinerary when you finish your booking. In this document you'll come across your flight number. The first one to two letters and single digit represent the airline name (these are called IATA airline codes). This is followed by one, two, three or four digits — the flight number.
If I am not able to travel due to COVID-19, can I change my flight to a later date?
- Check-in and baggage drop times can differ between airlines. But if you're taking an international flight, aim to arrive at the airport terminal around three hours before departure. Taking a domestic flight? Normally, you can hand your bags over at least two hours before takeoff. Latecomers take note — check-in generally closes an hour before takeoff for international flights and 45 minutes before for domestic ones.
For more info about changing your flight with SWISS with Travelocity, please visit our Customer Service Portal.