You feel more relaxed than you have in months as you stroll along the sands of Arroyo Burro Beach. After a long day of much-deserved pampering, you’re out here to catch another one of California’s famous sunsets. And who’s here with you, leaving a trail of paw prints, quickly washed away by the waves? None other than your cuddly companion who’s somehow having an even better time here than you are. When you book your trip to Santa Barbara, pet-friendly hotels let you and your much loved animal have the time of your lives.
Before booking your stay in one of the Santa Barbara dog friendly hotels, there are a couple of things you might be curious about:
What are some of the best restaurants in downtown Santa Barbara to take your dog?
There’s no shortage of dog-friendly restaurants or dog-friendly hotels in Santa Barbara:
- The Brewhouse: This American bistro makes its own beer and welcomes you and your animal to enjoy live music Wednesday through Saturday.
- The Lark: An award-winning wine restaurant, the Lark invites you and Sparky to join them in the “Funk Zone,” one of the hippest parts of town.
- Mesa Cafe & Bar: Sample local specialties alongside your doggie at this family-friendly eatery that’s open until 10 p.m.
- Santa Barbara FisHouse: Situated right on SB’s waterfront, this authentic dog-friendly seafood spot offers plenty of locally caught dishes sure to delight.
- Scarlett Begonia: Foodies and Fidos should swing by this swanky joint to sample creative dishes you won’t find anywhere else in town.
- Tupelo Junction Café: Enjoy the laidback atmosphere alongside your pet at this southern-inspired diner that’s open daily.
Wondering what to do in Santa Barbara at night with your dog?
- Douglas Family Preserve: Also known as the Wilcox Property, this dog-friendly public park overlooking the ocean is open till 10 p.m. every night.
- Pali Wine Company: This winery’s Fido-friendly tasting room is locally loved and open until the early evening all year long.
- Sunset Kidd Sailing Cruises: Start the night off right by catching a sunset with Spot while aboard one of these evening cruises that feature a full bar.
- Oceanfront Trail: So long as you keep Lucky on a leash, the two of you can explore Santa Barbara’s coast while listening to the waves.
- Hale Park: At the base of Montecito Peak, this verdant park invites you and your dog to visit anytime.
When you use Travelocity to book a stay at the Belmond El Encanto, La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Barbara, or any of the other pet-friendly hotels in Santa Barbara, you and your cuddly companion can enjoy the local beauty and unwind on your own time. Our search tool makes it easy to find the perfect place to stay, regardless of the of amenities you seek. Book now, and you’ll be kicking back in Santa Barbara before you know it.