ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
Heart of Montreal
You'll find Olympic Stadium and Montreal Biodome within a 15-minute walk of this Montreal hotel. Also, Montreal Botanical Garden is within 2 miles (3 km) and McGill University is within 6 miles (10 km).
Free area shuttle
This hotel features an outdoor pool, a fitness center, and a restaurant. Traveling on business? Take advantage of the free WiFi in public areas, conference center, and conference space. Enjoy the seasonal outdoor pool and perks like a free area shuttle.
Free WiFi, comfy beds
The 230 guestrooms feature comforts like memory foam beds and premium bedding, while refrigerators and coffee/tea makers offer the conveniences of home. Flat-screen TVs come with cable channels, and other amenities include free WiFi and room service.
Reviews from Trip Advisor
50.0% of guests recommend out of 571 reviews
About the Hotel Universel MontrealLocation 5000, Rue Sherbrooke Est, Montreal, QC H1V 1A1
There's a restaurant on site. A computer station is on site and WiFi is free in public spaces. Hotel Universel Montreal offers its guests an outdoor pool and a fitness center. Event space at this hotel measures 15000 square feet (1394 square meters) and includes a conference center. A free area shuttle within 3 kilometers is available. A terrace, tour/ticket assistance, and multilingual staff are also featured at the business-friendly Hotel Universel Montreal. This 3.5-star Montreal hotel is smoke free.
- 1 building
- 230 guestrooms or units
- 7 levels
- 15000 sq ft of conference space
- 1394 sq m of conference space
- Built in 1985
- Dining venue
- Poolside lounge chairs
- Conference center
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Staff is multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Tour and ticket information
- Gift shop
- Computer for guest use
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Outdoor pool
- Free WiFi
- Free area shuttle
- Microwave (on request)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free RV, bus, truck parking , Parking (limited spaces)
- Airport: Montreal, QC (YUL-Pierre Elliott Trudeau Intl.) (23.1 km / 14.3 mi)
- Train station: Montreal Central Station (8.4 km / 5.2 mi)
- Metro station: Assomption Station (0.9 km / 0.5 mi)
- Property shuttles: Free area shuttle within 3 kilometers
- Parking: Free RV/bus/truck parking
Hotel Universel Montreal offers 230 air-conditioned accommodations with coffee/tea makers and hair dryers. Memory foam beds feature down comforters and premium bedding. 32-inch flat-screen televisions come with premium cable channels. Bathrooms include shower/tub combinations and complimentary toiletries. Guests can surf the web using the complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and phones; free local calls are provided (restrictions may apply). Additionally, rooms include irons/ironing boards and blackout drapes/curtains. Housekeeping is offered daily and microwaves can be requested.
- Memory foam beds
- In-room dining (limited hours)
- Flat-screen television
- Cable channels
- Premium channels
- Microwave available
- Coffee maker
- Luxury bedding
- Down blanket
- Shower and tub combination
- Cribs (surcharge)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Local calls (free)
- Hair dryer
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board
- Blackout drapes
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Ensuite bathroom
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy cooked-to-order breakfast daily from 6:30 AM to 10 AM.
Resto Bar Le Toit Rouge - This restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an outdoor pool and a fitness center.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Water skiing nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Cross-country skiing nearby
- Rafting nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Check-in time starts at 4:00 PM
- Check-in time ends at 2 AM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for CAD 15.0 per stay.
- No pets allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 18 years old. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card, or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 18 years old. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- Parking height restrictions apply
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between CAD 6.95 and CAD 35 per person (approximately)
- In-room microwave fee: CAD 15 per day
- Crib (infant bed) fee: CAD 15.0 per stay
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Hotel Universel
- Hotel Universel Montreal
- Universel Montreal
- Auberge Universel Hotel
You should know
- The seasonal pool will open in June and close in August.
- Pool access available from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
- Reservations are needed for massage services. For reservations, contact the hotel before arrival using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Certain facilities might have restricted access. For details, you can contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation.