ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
Within the region of this Rancho Palos Verdes hotel, you'll find Wayfarers Chapel and USS Iowa. World Cruise Center and Del Amo Fashion Center are also in the region.
9-hole golf course
This luxury hotel features a golf course, a full-service spa, and 5 restaurants. Bring the family and enjoy the children's club, children's pool, and waterslide. Enjoy the 4 outdoor pools and free perks like WiFi in public areas and an area shuttle.
Free Internet, soaking tubs
Boasting deep soaking bathtubs, the 582 guestrooms also offer free WiFi and balconies or patios. Other amenities include free wired Internet, 24-hour room service, and flat-screen TVs with digital channels.
Terranea - L.A.'s Oceanfront Resort ratings based on 17 Verified Reviews
Guest reviews for Terranea - L.A.'s Oceanfront Resort
Apr 7, 2018 by Alice
Thank you very much for sharing your review! We are delighted to learn that you didn't want to leave Terranea and enjoyed the stunning ocean views and wonderful restaurants. Please be our guest again soon.
Feb 12, 2018 by Zach
Thank you for sharing your review! We hope you will be our guest at Terranea Resort again soon.
amazing. super family friendly.
Everyone was so nice and accomodating.
They treated me like royalty!!!
this resort made me feel very relaxed and welcome
What a spectacular place!
this hotel and surroundings are beautiful!!!
About the Terranea - L.A.'s Oceanfront ResortLocation 100 Terranea Way, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
As a guest of Terranea - L.A.'s Oceanfront Resort, you'll find a full-service spa, a golf course, and 4 outdoor swimming pools. There are 5 restaurants on site, along with a coffee shop/café. For a drink, you can stop by one of the onsite bars, including 4 poolside bars and 5 bars/lounges. Public spaces have free WiFi. A business center and limo/town car service are available. A children's pool, a fitness center, and a sauna are also featured at the luxury Terranea - L.A.'s Oceanfront Resort. A free area shuttle within 5 mi is available. Parking is available for a fee. This 5-star Rancho Palos Verdes hotel is smoke free.
- 582 guestrooms or units
- 7 levels
- 25 buildings
- 5 dining venues
- 4 bars by the pool
- 5 bars or lounges
- Built in 2009
- Coffee shop
- Kid's club (surcharge)
- Supervised kid's activities (surcharge)
- Childcare (surcharge)
- Beach lounge chairs
- Towels for the beach
- Umbrellas for the beach
- Cabanas by the pool (surcharge)
- Poolside lounge chairs
- Umbrellas for the pool
- Charging station for electric cars
- Business facilities
- Conference space
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Staff is multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front-desk safe
- Car service
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Outdoor picnic space
- Gift shop
- Beauty salon
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- Fireplace in lobby
- Television in lobby
- Onsite shopping
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Property
- Number of outdoor pools - 4
- Children's pool
- Free WiFi
- Free area shuttle
- Laundry facilities
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge) , Valet parking (surcharge)
- Airport: Los Angeles, CA (LAX-Los Angeles Intl.)
- Property shuttles: Free area shuttle within 5 mi
- Parking: Valet parking and self parking available for a surcharge
Terranea - L.A.'s Oceanfront Resort offers 582 air-conditioned accommodations, which are accessible via exterior corridors and feature safes and complimentary newspapers. Rooms open to balconies or patios. Beds feature premium bedding. Flat-screen televisions come with premium digital channels and pay movies. Bathrooms include separate bathtubs and showers with deep soaking bathtubs, bathrobes, slippers, and complimentary toiletries. This Rancho Palos Verdes hotel provides complimentary wired and wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and phones; free local calls are provided (restrictions may apply). Additionally, rooms include coffee/tea makers and hair dryers. In-room massages and hypo-allergenic bedding can be requested. A nightly turndown service is provided and housekeeping is offered daily.
- Private balcony or patio
- Deep soaking tub
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- Flat-screen television
- Digital channels
- Premium channels
- Movies for purchase
- Coffee maker
- Luxury bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Separate shower and tub
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Nightly turndown service
- Newspapers (free)
- Local calls (free)
- Massage in room (surcharge)
- Hair dryer
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board
- Blackout drapes
- Exterior corridor access
- Air conditioning
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy full breakfast daily from 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM.
Mar'sel - Overlooking the ocean, this restaurant serves dinner only. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). Reservations are required. Open daily.
Catalina Kitchen - This poolside restaurant serves breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). A children's menu is available. Happy hour is offered. Open daily.
Nelson's - This beach restaurant serves lunch and dinner. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). A children's menu is available. Happy hour is offered. Open daily.
Bashi - This poolside restaurant specializes in Asian cuisine and serves lunch, dinner, and light fare. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). A children's menu is available. Happy hour is offered. Open daily.
Solviva - This poolside restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and light fare. Happy hour is offered. Open daily.
24-hour room service is available.
The Terranea Resort offers guests a host of recreational activities for an enjoyable stay in Palos Verdes. Golf on-site at The Links at Terranea, a dramatic 9-hole, par 3 oceanfront golf course, with stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and Catalina Island. A choice of 4 outdoor swimming pools includes a waterslide and children’s pool. Boat cruises and whale-watching tours are also available nearby.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Ecotours on site
- Water skiing nearby
- Golf lessons on site
- Golfing on site
- Parasailing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Hiking/biking trails on site
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Archery on site
- Kayaking on site
- Windsurfing nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Pilates classes on site
- Boat tours nearby
- Fitness classes on site
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
The Spa at Terranea overlooks the Pacific Ocean and Palos Verdes coastline. This 50,000-square-foot (15,240-square-meter) oceanfront spa, fitness and wellness center and salon was designed by the foremost experts in wellness and restorative therapy. Indulge in an array of spa treatments for body and face, both traditional and some inspired by the Terranea Resort’s unique coastal locale. The spa includes a café, boutique and also offers yoga classes.
- Number of treatment rooms 25
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body treatments
- Body wraps
- Facial treatments
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Sauna in spa
- Prenatal massage
- Spa tub in spa
- Steam room in spa
- Minimum age to access spa is 18
- Sports massage
- Detoxification wrap
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Special check-in instructions:
There is no after-hours reception at this property. Guests arriving late won't be able to check in until the next morning.
This property requires a 50% deposit of the total cost of stay at booking for all 2-Bedroom Casita and Villa room types. To complete the reservation process and obtain additional information, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
This property doesn't offer after-hours check-in. Guests arriving after hours will have to wait until the next morning to check in.
- Check-out by 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets: USD 150 per accommodation, per stay (maximum USD 150 per stay)
- Only dogs are allowed
- Maximum 1 per room
- Certain rooms only, restrictions apply
- You can request a pet-friendly room by reaching out to the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
This property requires payment of the first night's rate and tax 7 days prior to check-in for any bookings where payment for the stay will be made on site instead of at the time of booking. To complete the reservation process and obtain additional information, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A credit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- Only service animals are allowed
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- No cribs (infant beds) available
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 40.00 per accommodation, per night
The resort fee includes:
- Pool access
- Fitness center access
- Fitness/yoga classes
- Bicycle storage
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- In-room safe
- In-room coffee
- In-room bottled water
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 20 and USD 50 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 42.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 42.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 150 per accommodation, per stay (maximum USD 150 per stay)
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Terranea L.A.'s Oceanfront
- Terranea L.A.'s Oceanfront Rancho Palos Verdes
- Terranea L.A.'s Oceanfront Resort
- Terranea L.A.'s Oceanfront Resort Rancho Palos Verdes
You should know
- Please note that this property can refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, which include pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties.
- Reservations are needed for massage services and spa treatments. For reservations, contact the hotel before arrival using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
- Pets are welcome in certain rooms only; other restrictions apply (please see the Fees section for related charges). To make arrangements for your pet, contact the property directly at the number on your booking confirmation.