Where to stay in Highland: Best areas for travelers
- Inverness: This destination boasts some lovely natural attractions, like Ness Islands, The Falls of Foyers and Inverness Botanic Gardens. If you're in town for a few days, make sure you explore Bellfield Park, Merkinch Local Nature Reserve and Lochaber Geopark too. Great places to stay nearby include the Mercure Inverness Hotel, the Castle Viewpoint Build Around 1830 is Located in the Centre of Inverness and The Royal Highland Hotel.
- Oban: History enthusiasts will be in their element here, with fascinating attractions like Inverlochy Castle, Connel Bridge and Castle Stalker waiting to be explored. If you have time, make sure you visit Dunstaffnage Castle and Chapel, Clachan Bridge and Dunollie Museum, Castle and Grounds too. When you're ready to call it a day, enjoy some downtime at the Perle Oban Hotel, The Royal Hotel or The Palace Hotel.
- Fort William: It's obvious why nature lovers come here. With Ben Nevis, Steall Waterfall and Highland Titles Nature Reserve to roam around at your leisure, it's the perfect combination of urban life and nature. If you're up for more sightseeing, head to Buchaille Etive Mor, Leanachan Forest and Loch Nevis as well. After a long day out, climb into bed someplace welcoming like the Loch-side House With Stunning Mountain and Loch Views, The Caledonian Hotel or the Innseagan House Hotel.
- Portree: If you're new to Portree and you need some advice on where to stay, the Uig Hotel, the Lochside, House on the Shore of Loch Mealt and the 2 Bedroom Accommodation in Staffin, Isle of Skye are top choices. Plus, they're perfect bases from which to discover this destination's many sights. Portree Harbour, Quiraing and Old Man of Storr are well-liked by travelers and locals alike. Be sure to check out other sights like Duntulm Castle, Somerled Square and Skye Riding Centre.
- Isle of Skye: This fantastic destination combines the thrill of city life with the calmness of nature. Take time out from the busy streets at Macleod's Tables or Sgurr na Banachdich. Fairy Pools is one more popular nature-based attraction. Top-rated stays here include the Sligachan Hotel, the Larch House Bed & Breakfast and the Broadford.
Search vacation packages deals in Highland's top destinations
Top Highland hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Highland
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Highland?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Highland?
Why should I book my Highland vacation package via Travelocity?
Can I save money on my Highland car rental if I bundle it with my hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Highland?
Which airport is best for Highland?
What is there to do in Highland?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.