Recognized as one of the area's best natural attractions, Gus Young Park will thrill outdoor enthusiasts.
To experience it for yourself, pack your bags and head to Baton Rouge, the lively state capital.
The Paradise Inn & Suites is just 2 miles (3 kilometers) from Gus Young Park, making it a great place for you to get some rest and relaxation during your stay.
You won't have to spend all your savings when you stay at a cheap, yet comfortable hotel. There is a handful that are not too far away. You can make inquiries at the Holiday Inn Baton Rouge College Drive I-10 and the Sleep Inn South.
You deserve a night or two at one of the few first-rate hotels in the surrounding area. You may wish to consider the Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel and Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center.
D G's Cafe (4500 Gus Young Avenue, Baton Rouge) is a popular coffee house that's conveniently located just 0.2 miles (0.3 kilometers) away. It's among the best places to go when you're craving a small but tasty meal. A hot spot for weary wanderers, Krab Queenz (4517 Gus Young Avenue, Baton Rouge) is just 0.1 miles (0.2 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Gus Young Park
You can maximize your time here by stopping by the region's other attractions after you've visited Gus Young Park:
- Spend a couple of hours shopping at Mid-City Shopping Center, where you can lay your hands on almost anything you need, from general supplies, to souvenirs and clothes.
- There's nowhere better to escape from the daily grind than Belfair Park. Read the newspaper, throw around a ball or share a picnic in this leafy urban oasis.
- Toss a ball around with your kids and enjoy the greenery at 48th Street Park. You can even bring a simple picnic and really make an afternoon of it.
- Give your kids a chance to burn off a bit of their apparently limitless energy when they're running around in North Street Park, a green, leafy getaway within the city.
- Remember to save some room in your luggage if you plan to enjoy some shopping at Seneca Shopping Center.