Pet lovers shouldn't miss the chance to visit Fairbanks, a family-friendly city known for its museums and hot springs, as well as attractions like Birch Hill Recreation Area and Fort Wainwright. Take your pick from Travelocity's 9 pet-friendly hotels and accommodations in Fairbanks and bring Fido along!
How to Wander Wisely in Fairbanks with Your Pet
- Enjoy the fresh air at Wedgewood Wildlife Sanctuary, Creamer's Field, and Pioneer Park.
- Other things to see include Morris Thompson Cultural & Visitors Center, Fairbanks Ice Museum, and Alaska House Art Gallery.
- Need a pet store? Try Ruth Burnett Sport Fish Hatchery, Spanish Water Dog, or Golden Heart Boarding Grooming.
- For vet care, Golden Heart Veterinary Services, Animal House Veterinary Hospital, and Chena Veterinary Clinic are located in the area.
Best Pet-Friendly Hotels in Fairbanks
- Extended Stay America - Fairbanks - Old Airport Way
Cats and dogs are allowed for a fee at this 2.5-star hotel, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate its proximity to the airport and comfortable rooms.
- Hotel North Pole
Dogs are allowed for a fee at this 2-star hotel, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate its location and spacious rooms.
- 7 Gables Inn & Suites
Pets stay free at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate the breakfast and exceptional value.
Pet-Friendly Times to Vacation in Fairbanks
Weather can make a huge difference, especially if you want to spend time wandering around the city. Here are the average temperatures to help better plan your time in Fairbanks.
From January to March, average temperatures range from 35°F in the daytime to -15°F at night. Between April and June, the daytime average is 75°F and the nighttime average is 9°F.
From July to September, average temperatures range from 75°F in the daytime to 28°F at night. Between October and December, the daytime average is 45°F and the nighttime average is -14°F.