Pet lovers shouldn't miss the chance to visit Dover, a family-friendly city known for its casinos and waterfront, as well as attractions like Biggs Museum of American Art and Old State House. You can choose from Travelocity's 11 pet-friendly hotels and accommodations in Dover and bring your doggy along!
How to Wander Wisely in Dover with Your Pet
- Go for a walk at Slaughter Beach.
- Other things to see include Delaware State Museums, Delaware State Capitol, and Spence's Bazaar.
- Need a pet store? Try The Fish Bowl, Pet Valu, or Doggie Swagger.
- For vet care, Governor's Avenue Animal Hospital, VCA Dover Animal Hospital, and Delmarva Animal Emergency Center are located in the area.
Featured Pet-Friendly Hotels in Dover
- Red Roof Inn & Suites Dover Downtown
Pets stay free at this 2.5-star hotel, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate the helpful staff and convenient parking.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Dover, DE
Pets are allowed for a fee at this 2-star motel. Guests appreciate its walkable location and spacious rooms.
- Quality Inn and Suites
Dogs are allowed for a fee at this 2.5-star hotel, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate the breakfast and helpful staff.
Pet-Friendly Times to Vacation in Dover
Weather can make or break your trip, especially if you want to spend time outdoors. We have gathered the average daytime and nighttime temperatures to help better plan your time in Dover.
From January to March, average temperatures range from 60°F in the daytime to 27°F at night. Between April and June, the daytime average is 87°F and the nighttime average is 40°F.
From July to September, average temperatures range from 87°F in the daytime to 55°F at night. Between October and December, the daytime average is 74°F and the nighttime average is 28°F.