FAQs about Zürich Flights
What airport is best to fly into Zürich?
Zürich has just one airport, which makes booking your flight to the city a straightforward process. Zurich Airport (ZRH) is around 6 miles (9 kilometers) from the hustle and bustle of the downtown area. Where to stay in Zürich
Finding a comfortable bed in the vicinity of Zürich is simple. There are 128 accommodations to select from, all within strolling distance of this neighborhood's center. Book your room today and start counting down to your getaway!
Eager to base yourself within a short drive of this area? Then it'd be wise to act quickly. Zürich only has one place to stay to choose from — the Le Bijou MH6 Jacuzzi Penthouse at Muensterhof / Paradeplatz. Places to visit in Zurich
If you're keen to stay in this lively neighborhood for a few nights, you'll have plenty to keep you busy. Wonderful attractions like the Swiss National Museum and Fraumuenster are just a stone's throw away.
Chat with some locals at Bellevue Square, and get better acquainted with the region. Want more nearby options? Consider going on a visit to St. Peter Church, a peaceful place of prayer as well as a local tourist attraction. And that's not all. If you're in the mood for a little edification, check out what's being exhibited at Museum of Design. How to get through airport security fast when traveling to Zürich
If you like the thought of spending more time at the airport bar and less time at the security checkpoint on your way to Zürich, follow these useful tips:
- Have your boarding pass and travel ID somewhere handy. They'll be the first things you'll be asked for by airport security staff.
- Belts, wallets and power banks must be placed in a tray for X-raying. If you walk into the body scanner with any one of these items, you'll be turned back and instructed to remove them.
- Make sure your electronic devices and laptop are within reach. These items need to be put through the X-ray machine in separate bins.
- When it comes to flying with gels and liquids, all passengers are permitted a quart-sized clear zip-lock bag to store containers no larger than 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters).
- The airport security will likely ask you to take off your shoes in preparation for entering the body scanner. Wear a pair that you can slip off easily. There's nothing more annoying than having to do your laces up again and again.
- Pack any pocketknives or other dangerous items inside your checked luggage. Security won't permit these on the aircraft.