FAQs about McAllen Flights
Which airlines fly to McAllen?
There are 6 airlines that fly to the city of McAllen, so finding one that suits your travel plans shouldn't be hard. Pick your ideal seat on one of these leading carriers:
What airport is best to fly into McAllen?
- American Airlines
- Alaska Airlines
- British Airways
McAllen, TX Airport (MFE-Miller Intl.) is around 1 miles (2 kilometers) from downtown McAllen. It's the sole airport in the city, so there's no possibility of your cab driver transporting you to the wrong one! Places to visit in McAllen
The International Museum of Art and Science and the McAllen Botanical Gardens are some fabulous attractions that all travelers should try to get to. Plan a route and spend a day checking out each one.
You'll probably hear people refer to McAllen Convention Center, a significant venue for a wide variety of events. Seeking some more ideas? Purchase the perfect last-minute gifts at La Plaza Mall. But that's not all there is. An important historical location, Quinta Mazatlan is somewhere worth visiting to get a feel for the past. How to get through airport security fast when traveling to McAllen
If you like the idea of spending more time at the airport restaurants and less time wading through security on your way to McAllen, follow these practical tips:
- Be sure you know the location of your boarding pass and passport. You don't want to hold up the line when you're asked to produce them.
- Belts, wallets and keys are to be placed in a tray for X-raying. If you enter the body scanner with any one of these items, you'll be turned back and instructed to remove them.
- Laptops must be removed from their protective carry bags and placed in a tray before X-raying.
- Flying with a favorite perfume? As long as it contains no more than 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters) and it's placed in a clear resealable plastic bag, you can keep it with you in your hand luggage.
- Loosen your shoelaces before approaching the body scanner. Depending on what type of shoes you're wearing, security may tell you to take them off.
- Scissors and multi-tools are prohibited from entering the plane. Tuck them away in your checked luggage to avoid them being confiscated at the security checkpoint.