Planning a trip to Bily Clocks Museum and looking for somewhere to stay?
Decorah, where it is, sits 140 miles (225 kilometers) from the state capital, Des Moines.
Because there are no accommodations nearby, it takes a bit more determination to get there. Located 60 miles (97 kilometers) away, the Marriott Rochester Mayo Clinic is popular with travelers. The Oakenwald Terrace, 45 miles (72 kilometers) away, and the Residence Inn by Marriott Rochester Mayo Clinic Area, a commute of 60 miles (97 kilometers), are two more places you can look into.
Afterwards, you might want to relax over a drink or two at Farr Side (102 Church Street, Spillville), 0.2 miles (0.3 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Bily Clocks Museum
Once you're finally finished at Bily Clocks Museum, you're not likely to run out of ideas with all of the other things that are available in the region:
- St Wenceslaus Catholic Church is a pleasant house of prayer. You can just admire it from afar or check if you're able to have a look inside.
- Nature enthusiasts should remember to bring their walking shoes or boots and head out along Prairie Farmer Recreational Trail.
- Enjoy a unique local attraction that the whole family can enjoy. Decorah Fish Hatchery is a lovely activity for a sunny day.
- Both locals and tourists enjoy guided tours of Porter House Museum, an unforgettable historic house.
- If you can't visit the more famous museums, give your knowledge a boost at Vesterheim Norwegian-American Museum.