Lace up your walking shoes and drink in the scenery around you at Smileys Provincial Park, a great place to spend the day outdoors with your fellow travelers.
You can find it in Newport, approximately 30 miles (48 kilometers) outside of the provincial capital, Halifax.
Even though it's impossible to find any accomodation solutions in the area, don't lose hope. The Fox Harb' r Resort, 65 miles (105 kilometers) away, and the Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel, 30 miles (48 kilometers) away, are two choices that might work around your plans. If not, 30 miles (48 kilometers) away is the Residence Inn by Marriott Halifax Downtown.
Other Things to Do Near Smileys Provincial Park
If you'd love to explore more than just Smileys Provincial Park, check out what else the area has:
- Time at Avondale Sky Winery is an awakening for your palate.
- From famous rulers to eventful moments in time, Avon River Heritage Society Museum holds exhibits that are worth your time.
- From remarkable commanders to memorable moments in time, West Hants Historical Society has exhibitions that are always worth a look.
- Plan a thought-provoking tour of a historic fort, Fort Edward National Historic Site.
- Get yourself ready for a night full of talent when you watch a play at Mermaid Theatre of Nova Scotia.