Relish the still and silent surroundings at Sekiganji Temple.
It is to be found in Tamba, 75 miles (121 kilometers) outside of the renowned city of Okayama.
Since you won't find any accommodations nearby, it takes a little more perseverance to get there. The Hiiragiya Ryokan is 40 miles (64 kilometers) away, the Ryokan Yoshida-sanso 45 miles (72 kilometers) and the Arimasansoh Goshobessho 25 miles (40 kilometers).
Other Things to Do Near Sekiganji Temple
When you're finished with Sekiganji Temple, you're not likely to run out of things to do with all of the other things that are going on in the area:
- Seeing a temple such as Enichiji Temple will help you gain a connection with the local faith.
- Visit Kitaharima Yokamura Park, an urban oasis, and enjoy basking in the sun and appreciating your green surroundings.
- If you're looking to reconnect with your spirituality, make your way to Konpira Shrine, where you might like to join other worshipers praying for health, happiness and good luck.
- Head to Kitaharima Ecomuseum, where you'll probably enjoy some of what's being exhibited and perhaps learn a thing or two.
- Are you keen to give your wallet a workout? The popular Road Station Tamba Obaachan no Sato is a must-see on many people's shopping schedules.