ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
City center stay
Your stay at this Pietermaritzburg hotel places you within a 10-minute walk of Tatham Art Gallery and Pietermaritzburg City Hall. Also, Msunduzi Museum is within half a mile (1 km) and Macrorie House Museum is within 2 miles (3 km).
This hotel features a restaurant, a rooftop terrace, and a bar/lounge. Traveling on business? Take advantage of the free WiFi in public areas, laundry service, and airport shuttle. Free parking and luggage storage are also offered on site.
Free WiFi, flat-screen TVs
The 70 guestrooms have flat-screen TVs with satellite channels and offer free WiFi and room service. Coffee/tea makers, free bottled water, and hair dryers are also available.
Reviews from Trip Advisor
52.0% of guests recommend out of 86 reviews
About the Imperial hotel by Misty Blue HotelsLocation 224 Jabu Ndlovu Street, Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal 3200
There's a restaurant on site. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. Public spaces have free WiFi. A roundtrip airport shuttle (available 24 hours) is available for a fee. The family-friendly Imperial hotel by Misty Blue Hotels also features a rooftop terrace, dry cleaning/laundry services, and room service (during limited hours). Self parking is free. This 3-star Pietermaritzburg hotel is smoke free.
- 1 building
- 70 guestrooms or units
- 3 levels
- Built in 1877
- Dining venue
- Bar or lounge
- Childcare (surcharge)
- Terrace on the roof
- Conference space
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Storage area for luggage
- Front-desk safe
- Newspapers for purchase
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Property
- Free WiFi
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free long-term parking , Free self parking , Free RV, bus, truck parking , Free parking nearby
- Airport: Pietermaritzburg (PZB) (6.5 km / 4 mi)
- Property shuttles: Airport shuttle
- Parking: Free self parking, extended parking, and RV/bus/truck parking
Imperial hotel by Misty Blue Hotels offers 70 air-conditioned accommodations with safes and complimentary bottled water. Flat-screen televisions come with satellite channels. Bathrooms include complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Guests can surf the web using the complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and phones. Housekeeping is offered daily and irons/ironing boards can be requested.
- In-room dining (limited hours)
- Flat-screen television
- Satellite channels
- Coffee maker
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Childcare in room (surcharge)
- Hair dryer
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board available
- Air conditioning
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy buffet breakfast daily from 6:30 AM to 9:30 AM.
Gardenroom Restaurant - This buffet restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Reservations are required.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Check-in time starts at 2 PM
- Check-in time ends at 9 PM
Special check-in instructions:
If you are planning to arrive after 9 PM please contact the property in advance using the information on the booking confirmation.
24-hour airport shuttle service is available. Fees may apply. Contact the property in advance to get details.
Guests arriving after 9 PM must make advance arrangements by contacting the property using the information on the booking confirmation.
Airport transportation is offered 24 hours a day. Fees may apply. For details, please contact the property in advance.
- Check-out by 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Pets and service animals are not allowed at Imperial hotel by Misty Blue Hotels
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 15 years old. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card, or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 15 years old.
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- No pets or service animals allowed
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: ZAR 100 per night
- A 1 percent city/local tax will be charged
- 1 percent tourism fee will be charged
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: ZAR 165 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: ZAR 100 per vehicle (one way)
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Imperial Protea Hotel
- aha Imperial Hotel Pietermaritzburg
- Protea Hotel Imperial Pietermaritzburg
- Protea Imperial
- Protea Imperial Pietermaritzburg
- Imperial Hotel Pietermaritzburg
- Imperial Pietermaritzburg
- aha Imperial Pietermaritzburg
- Imperial hotel Misty Blue Hotels Pietermaritzburg
- Imperial hotel Misty Blue Hotels
- Imperial Misty Blue Hotels Pietermaritzburg
- Imperial Misty Blue Hotels
You should know
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
- Pets and service animals are not allowed on site.
Quality Graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) – South Africa's official quality assurance organization.