Norbulingka Institute is definitely a destination worth making the time for.
It's in Dharamshala, which is 250 miles (402 kilometers) from the national capital, New Delhi.
Booking a hotel close by shouldn't be too hard, with 3 options to look into. The Sojourn and OYO Premium Khanyara Road are within 2 miles (3 kilometers) of Norbulingka Institute.
Anyone who values a good deal is sure to love spending a night or two at the WelcomHeritage Grace Hotel, 3 miles (5 kilometers) away.
There's only a handful of hotels in the surrounding area, so make sure you make a reservation as soon as you can. If you're searching for someplace indulgent, look into the Fortune Park Moksha, only 5 miles (8 kilometers) away.
Queenie's Oven Green Cafe (Temple Road, Mohli Lahrandi) is a much-loved coffee bar that's located just 0.1 miles (0.2 kilometers) away. It's the ideal place to go when you want a snack. Experience a larger bite of the area's food scene at Norbulingka Cafe (Mohli Lahrandi).
Other Things to Do Near Norbulingka Institute
As well as Norbulingka Institute, you might like to stop by one or two of the area's other recommended attractions:
- A tranquil and protected place, Saurabh Van Vihar is a great place to get some fresh air.
- See a little of the day to day routine of the monastic community at Sherbling.
- People fascinated by nature will be eager to tour Tea Garden, a unique and popular local attraction.
- Admiring the architecture of Indru nag Temple and learning a bit about the landmark's significant history is always worthwhile.
- To ensure that the past is never left behind, this area put up Dharamsala War Memorial so that everyone could reflect on past events.