Pet lovers shouldn't miss the chance to visit Mount Vernon, a family-friendly city known for its opera house and theaters, as well as attractions like Veterans Memorial Park and Jefferson County Fairgrounds. Choose from Travelocity's 10 pet-friendly hotels and accommodations in Mount Vernon and bring your fur babies along!
How to Wander Wisely in Mount Vernon with Your Pet
- If shopping is in your travel plans, be sure to visit King City Square Shopping Center.
- Other things to see include Dix Village Hall.
- Need a pet store? Try PETCO Petroleum Corporation, Jagger's Doggie Daycare, Dog Grooming, Training & Boarding, or Pet Supplies Plus.
- For vet care, Thomas Animal Hospital, Lamczyk Veterinary Clinic, and Animal Hospital are located in the area.
Top Pet-Friendly Hotels in Mount Vernon
- Drury Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon
Cats and dogs are allowed for a fee at this 3-star hotel, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate its walkable location and comfy beds.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Mt. Vernon
Pets are allowed for a fee at this 2-star hotel. Guests appreciate the overall property condition and exceptional value.
- Motel 6 Mount Vernon, IL
Pets stay free at this 2-star motel. Guests appreciate the breakfast and helpful staff.
Pet-Friendly Times to Vacation in Mount Vernon
Weather can make or break your stay, especially if you want to spend time wandering around the city. Here are the average temperatures to help plan your trip in Mount Vernon.
From January to March, average temperatures range from 59°F in the daytime to 21°F at night. Between April and June, the daytime average is 86°F and the nighttime average is 39°F.
From July to September, average temperatures range from 87°F in the daytime to 49°F at night. Between October and December, the daytime average is 73°F and the nighttime average is 21°F.