Take a peek at another angle of the region's culture when you visit Mauna Loa Museum & Cultural Park.
Maunaloa, roughly 45 miles (72 kilometers) from Honolulu, the state capital, is where you'll find it.
Accommodations are a bit thin around Mauna Loa Museum & Cultural Park, but you can find 3 candidates within 6 miles (10 kilometers). You can take a peek at the Molokai Vacation Properties – Paniolo Hale and Molokai Vacation Properties - Ke Nani Kai.
Other Things to Do Near Mauna Loa Museum & Cultural Park
Whether you'd like to venture down the path less traveled or explore the more well-known attractions, you're not going to run out of things to do when you're finished at Mauna Loa Museum & Cultural Park:
- Spending time shopping at Big Wind Kite Factory & Plantation Gallery is a fun way to fit in with the locals.
- Looking to find some peace? Sit near the water at Papohaku Beach and listen to waves crashing.
- Clear your mind and stop by Kepuhi Beach where you'll only hear the seabirds.
- Gaze at the seabirds flying overhead as you make the most of the salty sea air at Puʻu o Kaiaka. This is the perfect place to visit for vistas of the surrounding ocean.
- There is no better place to really unwind than Kapuaʻiwa Coconut Grove. Flip through your favorite magazine, kick a ball around or have a delicious picnic in this leafy oasis.