As you wander through Kumomi Sengen Shrine, you are sure to feel a sense of calm. If not, at least you can appreciate the stunning architecture.
You'll be glad that you made the trek to its home in Matsuzaki, approximately 85 miles (137 kilometers) from Tokyo, the national capital.
The area surrounding Kumomi Sengen Shrine lacks any hotels. But there is no need to fret, since the neighboring areas have places to stay. 20 miles (32 kilometers) away in Ito, you can find as many as 7 places to stay. The Kazeno Kaori, Kawana Hotel and Historical Ryokan Hostel K's House Ito Onsen - Hostel are worth adding to your shortlist.
You never have to travel farther than 浜の家 (391 Kumomi, Matsuzaki) if you need a good restaurant. Later on, why not make your way to ダイブ (Kumomi, Matsuzaki) for a drink with friends?
Other Things to Do Near Kumomi Sengen Shrine
After Kumomi Sengen Shrine, why not swing by the area's other attractions? Here are a few places to get you started:
- Every piece of artwork at a museum has an interesting story to tell. At Izunochohachi Museum, you can browse the exhibits, stop for a few moments of reflection and learn the story behind them.
- People from all backgrounds take time to explore Inashimo Shrine, an interesting site which is rooted in history.
- Walk through Iwashina Elementary School and understand the important history that courses through its foundations.
- Take a look at the splendid array of artistic creations at Izu Chōhachi Art Museum. This established art museum is a good space to spend some time.
- Renoir, the acclaimed French painter, once claimed that the only way to understand art is to go to a museum and look at it. Why not heed the advice and stop at Kayama Yuzo Museum on your trip?