Known as one of the finest nature-based sites, Kootenai Falls will interest those who love nature.
Troy, approximately 220 miles (354 kilometers) outside of the state capital, Helena, is where you'll find it.
Prepare to commute a little farther than usual to reach your hotel after an action-packed day. Given its remote location, there's nowhere to stay within easy reach. The Seasons At Sandpoint is 40 miles (64 kilometers) away, the Schweitzer Mountain Resort - White Pine Lodge 40 miles (64 kilometers) and the Schweitzer Mountain Resort - Selkirk Lodge 40 miles (64 kilometers).
Other Things to Do Near Kootenai Falls
If you're hoping to stuff as much as is humanly possible into your break, here's a sample of what else is happening:
- Take a few steps back and admire the sleek, modern lines of Kootenai Falls Swinging Bridge, a piece of architecture which is an attraction in its own right.
- Enjoy the serenity of nature at Noxon Rapids Reservoir.
- Feel the soft snow as you glide down the slopes of Turner Mountain.
- If you're a golf lover and would love to play, pay a visit to Cabinet View Golf Club.
- Leave your troubles behind and head to the winter wonderland of Turner Mountain Ski Resort and take advantage of the fresh snow.