Pet owners shouldn't miss Iowa City, a city known for its shopping, and sights like Iowa Old Capitol Building and Old Capitol Museum. Choose from Travelocity's 3 pet-friendly hotels and accommodations in Iowa City and bring your fur babies along!
How to Wander Wisely in Iowa City with Your Pet
- Culture enthusiasts will want to visit Iowa Museum of Natural History.
- Other things to see include Iowa City Public Library, Kinnick Stadium, and Carver-Hawkeye Arena.
- Need a pet store? Try Petland - Iowa City, Tuesday Morning, or Leash On Life.
- For vet care, Cat Clinic of Iowa City, Veterinary Associates, and Bright Eyes & Bushy Tails Veterinary Hospital are located in the area.
Top Pet-Friendly Hotels in Iowa City
Dogs are allowed for a fee at this 3.5-star hotel. Guests appreciate its quiet location and spacious rooms.
- Clarion Hotel Highlander Conference Center
Cats and dogs are allowed for a fee at this 3-star hotel. Guests appreciate its quiet location and spacious rooms.
- Travelodge by Wyndham Iowa City
Cats and dogs are allowed for a fee at this 2-star hotel. Guests appreciate its central location and comfy beds.
Pet-Friendly Times to Vacation in Iowa City
Weather can make or break your stay, especially if you want to spend time outdoors. We have gathered the average daytime and nighttime temperatures to help better plan your vacation in Iowa City.
From January to March, average temperatures range from 58°F in the daytime to 14°F at night. Between April and June, the daytime average is 87°F and the nighttime average is 35°F.
From July to September, average temperatures range from 87°F in the daytime to 48°F at night. Between October and December, the daytime average is 72°F and the nighttime average is 15°F.