Gilbert Lake State Park is the perfect destination for travelers wanting to get back to nature.
It awaits you in Laurens, 70 miles (113 kilometers) from the state capital, Albany.
If you'd like to set up base within easy reach, there's only 1 hotel to pick from. From Brookside Inn At Laurens, it's just 4 miles (6 kilometers) to Gilbert Lake State Park.
Other Things to Do Near Gilbert Lake State Park
In addition to Gilbert Lake State Park, you can swing by some of the area's other interesting attractions:
- Your travel group will enjoy a spicy and sweet journey through the regional notes that can be tasted at Bear Pond WInery.
- If you adore the atmosphere of historic buildings and structures, a prearranged visit to State University of New York-Oneonta will excite your passion.
- For a greater insight into the history of the area, sign up for a visitors' tour of the campus and significant buildings of Hartwick College.
- Taste the flavors of the local area at Rustic Ridge Winery.
- Cooperstown Brewing Company is an interesting place. Take a glance behind the scenes and learn how they make their trademark beer.