Appreciate a history lesson along with some sightseeing during your visit to French Point Lighthouse.
Halifax, the capital of the province, is happy to host it.
Tourists will be happy to discover that there are 3 accommodations within 6 miles (10 kilometers) of French Point Lighthouse. Take a peek at the Salmon River Country Inn and Jeddore Lodge Cabins.
Stay a few nights at the Jeddore Lodge B&B, 5 miles (8 kilometers) away, and save your money for sampling the scrumptious local food.
Other Things to Do Near French Point Lighthouse
After you're finished checking out French Point Lighthouse, get ready to take in everything that the rest of the area has to offer:
- Breathe in the salty breezes and listen to the waves crashing down when you spend the afternoon at Martinique Beach Provincial Park.
- Whether you're a regular golfer or just starting out, don't miss the chance to hit a couple of rounds at Harbour Ridge Golf Club.
- History doesn't always come to life in lecture halls, but the exhibits at Fisherman's Life Museum provide an enriching experience for all.
- Treat the family to an excursion full of educational fun at Musquodoboit Railway Museum.
- From notable public figures to unforgettable moments in time, Memory Lane Heritage Village houses exhibitions that are worth a visit.