What's stopping you? Fort Branch was meant to be experienced.
It's located in Greenville. If you're not familiar with the name, it is 85 miles (137 kilometers) outside of the state capital of Raleigh.
On the lookout for somewhere to stay? You won't find any accommodation options nearby, but you can pick from a limited number farther out. The Residence Inn Greenville, 25 miles (40 kilometers) away, and the Inner Banks Inn, 35 miles (56 kilometers) away, are a couple of places that might fit into your schedule. If not, 55 miles (89 kilometers) away is The Captain's Stay.
Other Things to Do Near Fort Branch
Here are some of the area's other popular attractions:
- Give your kids a chance to burn off a bit of their limitless energy when they're running around at Kekukee Park, a green oasis.
- Nothing lifts one's mood quite like the lively atmosphere of fairgrounds. If you find yourself feeling a little travel-weary, visit the Senator Bob Martin Eastern Agricultural Center.
- Martin County Courthouse is an important civic building that is seen and admired by locals and tourists alike.
- Whether you're an enthusiastic golfer or a beginner, don't miss the chance to play a few rounds at Roanoke Country Club.
- Reading the specials board at Deadwood is enough to waken your appetite. This local restaurant is a favorite spot for dinner.