FAQs about Bologna Flights
Which airlines fly to Bologna?
A couple of easy clicks is all it takes to book your fare to Bologna. There are 5 airline companies that offer flights to this city. For the best travel experience, we recommend one of these top carriers:
What airport is best to fly into Bologna?
- Japan Transocean Air
- SriLankan Airlines
Bologna Airport (BLQ-Guglielmo Marconi) is 4 miles (6 kilometers) from central Bologna. It's the sole airport in the city, so there's no risk of your cabbie delivering you to the wrong one! Where to stay in Bologna
Ready to explore all that Bologna has to offer? First you'll need cozy place to spend your evenings. Secure one of the 264 properties within close reach and get your travels off to the best start possible.
The Art Hotel Orologio and the Art Hotel Novecento have rooms with so many luxurious extras. If that's not what you're after, have a look at the Albergo Centrale or the Albergo Panorama. You'll be able to save some bucks and still enjoy an unforgettable vacation. Places to visit in Bologna
You won't have to travel far to come across some fantastic attractions. The Fountain of Neptune and Palazzo Comunale are a very short drive from here.
If you're hoping to find a place to peacefully contemplate the religious aspects of our existence, head over to Basilica of San Domenico. Need more nearby options? Basilica of San Petronio is a tranquil place of worship and a well-known local attraction that you might like to check out. But that's not all. Give your eyes a treat and discover the fine art at National Art Gallery of Bologna, a notable art museum to include on your list of cultural attractions. How to get through airport security fast when traveling to Bologna
Make your flight to Bologna that little bit easier by reading over these useful security tips:
- Keep your boarding pass and passport easily accessible. They'll be the first things you'll be asked to produce by airport security.
- You'll have to stop the tunes for a little while. Earphones must be removed and placed in a bin to be X-rayed. The same goes for items such as heavy jackets and belts.
- Electronic devices such as laptops, tablets and phones will need to be sent through the X-ray machine separately. Be sure they're easily accessible.
- When it comes to traveling with gels and liquids, all passengers are permitted a quart-sized clear zip-lock bag to store containers no greater than 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters).
- Airport security staff will likely tell you to remove your shoes prior to entering the body scanner. Pick a pair that slip off easily. There's nothing worse than having to do up your laces over and over again.
- Put any pocketknives or other dangerous items inside your checked luggage. Security personnel don't allow these in carry-on baggage.