Appreciate your surroundings and set off for a refreshing walk in Mother Nature at Ballycroy National Park.
You'll find it in Murrisk, around 140 miles (225 kilometers) out of the nation's capital, Dublin.
Since it's just 0.2 miles (0.3 kilometers) away, the Elmgrove B&B is the top place to book a room if you'd like to stay close to Ballycroy National Park.
Is that your stomach starting to rumble? Head to The Tavern Bar & Restaurant (Westport) and your stomach will forgive you. If you feel inclined to live it up a little, then you can buy a drink at Campbells Bar (Murrisk), and enjoy the banter of both strangers and friends.
Other Things to Do Near Ballycroy National Park
Whether you want to venture down the road less traveled or check out the more popular sights, you're not going to run out of things to do after visiting Ballycroy National Park:
- Head to Croagh Patrick Visitor Centre to view the information displays. Help yourself to some maps and brochures that might help you make the most of your vacation.
- Take a morning for some contemplation while you visit National Famine Memorial.
- Get a taste of a simpler way of life at Murrisk Abbey, a Christian place of worship in the local area.
- Grab your water bottle and hike to the peak of Croagh Patrick.
- Check out the fabulous indoor games available at War Games Paint Ball Westport.