Pet lovers shouldn't miss the chance to visit Wausau, a family-friendly city known for its festivals and entertainment, as well as attractions like Wausau Museum of Contemporary Art and Marathon County Historical Museums. Choose from Travelocity's 25 pet-friendly hotels and accommodations in Wausau and bring your pooch along!
How to Wander Wisely in Wausau with Your Pet
- Enjoy the fresh air at Rib Mountain State Park, Riverside Park, and Prairie Dells Scenic Area.
- Other things to see include Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum, Granite Peak Ski Area, and Merrill Golf Club.
- Need a pet store? Try Wild Birds Unlimited, Animal House Pet Care & Training Center, LLC, or Captive Reptile Specialties.
- For vet care, Wisconsin Valley Vet Services, VCA Companion Care Animal Hospital, and Metro Animal Hospital are located in the area.
Top Pet-Friendly Hotels in Wausau
- Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center Wausau
Dogs are allowed for a fee at this 2.5-star hotel, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate the breakfast and bar.
- AmericInn by Wyndham Wausau
Pets are allowed for a fee at this 2.5-star hotel. Guests appreciate the breakfast and pool.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wausau
Pets are allowed for a fee at this 2.5-star hotel. Guests appreciate its location and spacious rooms.
Pet-Friendly Times to Vacation in Wausau
Weather can make or break your stay, especially if you want to spend time outdoors. Here are the average daytime and nighttime temperatures to help plan your trip in Wausau.
From January to March, average temperatures range from 47°F in the daytime to 6°F at night. Between April and June, the daytime average is 79°F and the nighttime average is 27°F.
From July to September, average temperatures range from 80°F in the daytime to 42°F at night. Between October and December, the daytime average is 62°F and the nighttime average is 7°F.