Schauinsland is the ideal escape for travelers craving some time in the fresh air.
To visit it, make your way to Freiburg, 75 miles (121 kilometers) outside of Bern, the nation's capital.
You'll discover 21 hotels that are a short drive from Schauinsland, each offering convenience and comfort. You can take a peek at the Best Western Premier Hotel Victoria and Hotel Oberkirch.
Fellow travelers might tell you the best things in life come for free. That is up for debate, as the premier establishments available here are certainly worth every penny. Look into the Designhotel am Stadtgarten and Hotel Rheingold.
Are you one of those travelers who doesn't like to start the day without plenty of tea and coffee? You can drink your fill at "Die Bergstation" Café & Restaurant (Schauinslandstraße 390, Freiburg im Breisgau), a mere 0.4 miles (0.6 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Schauinsland
If you have more time, you'll want to investigate what else is happening in the region:
- A day of fun for the whole family, featuring exciting rides and games, awaits you at the very popular local amusement park, Steinwasen Park.
- Unwind, rest your legs and take in all the views around you from on board Schauinsland Cable Car.
- You'll enjoy the serenity as you listen to the sound of cascading water at Todtnauer Wasserfall.
- Hike to the peak of Feldberg, or observe it from the bottom.
- Pay a visit to St. Trudpert's Abbey and experience monastic life at this Christian house of worship.