Leave you smartphone behind and enjoy a break from the trappings of modern life at Rikuchu Kaigan National Park.
You'll discover it in Morioka, a journey of 280 miles (451 kilometers) from the nation's capital, Tokyo.
The area is fairly remote, so you should expect to have a short commute when you head for your room. Handy choices are the Hiraizumi Hot Spring Ryokan Soba'an Shizukatei, 50 miles (80 kilometers) away, the Daiwa Roynet Hotel Morioka, 35 miles (56 kilometers) away, and the Shizukuishi Prince Hotel, 45 miles (72 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Rikuchu Kaigan National Park
When you're finally finished at Rikuchu Kaigan National Park, you aren't going to run out of ideas with everything else that's going on in the greater region:
- The corridors of Yamaguchi Waterwheel boast some interesting historic stories. Learn more about this historic structure by going on a tour.
- An afternoon at Tono Furusatomura will seem like a trip back in time.
- Enjoy the remarkably peaceful and spiritual atmosphere that surrounds Fukusenji Temple.
- If you love the ocean but not the waves, visit Kappa-buchi.
- Jōken-ji Temple is a well-respected local temple where you can think about life and spirituality.