ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
You'll find Manuel Antonio Nature Park & Wildlife Refuge and Playa La Macha within 2 miles (3 km) of this resort. Playitas Beach and Biesanz Beach are also within 2 miles (3 km).
This smoke-free resort features 4 outdoor pools and 2 poolside bars. Families will appreciate the children's pool, onsite laundry facilities, and supervised childcare. Relax with a drink at one of the 2 bars/lounges and enjoy free perks like full breakfast and a beach shuttle.
Free WiFi, balconies
The 70 individually decorated guestrooms offer free WiFi and room service. LCD TVs come with cable channels, and other amenities include balconies and rainfall showerheads.
La Mariposa Hotel ratings based on 26 Verified Reviews
Guest reviews for La Mariposa Hotel
Apr 19, 2018 by Manfred Arias
Dear Cathy, Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel La Mariposa. We appreciate your comments and are delighted that you had a great stay. With a spirit of service, we feel very proud, not only in the service, but also is exceeding your expectations. Your feedback is important to continue improving our service. Thanks again for your time and come and visit us again soon! Best regards, Manfred Arias Guests Relations Manager Hotel La Mariposa
by Manfred Arias
Dear Dee. Thanks for staying with us. We work hard to make our guests happy and appreciate your feedback!
Beautiful Hotel with the best view in town!
Best place to stay in the area, best views!!
La Mariposa has a wonderful homely feel
I have recommended this hotel to many friends and will definitely stay there again...
About the La Mariposa HotelLocation Manuel Antonio Beach, Quepos, Manuel Antonio, Puntarenas 60601
La Mariposa Hotel offers its guests 4 outdoor swimming pools and a children's pool. There's a restaurant on site, as well as a coffee shop/café. For a drink, you can stop by one of the onsite bars, including 2 poolside bars and 2 bars/lounges. Free breakfast is served daily. WiFi is free in public spaces. A terrace, tour/ticket assistance, and multilingual staff are also featured at the family-friendly La Mariposa Hotel. An area shuttle within 300 km and a roundtrip airport shuttle (available 24 hours) are available for a fee. A complete renovation of La Mariposa Hotel was completed in December 2018. This Mediterranean Manuel Antonio resort is smoke free.
- 70 guestrooms or units
- 4 levels
- 6 buildings
- 2 bars by the pool
- 2 bars or lounges
- Built in 1973
- Full breakfast (free)
- Dining venue
- Coffee shop
- Supervised kid's activities (surcharge)
- Childcare (surcharge)
- Umbrellas for the pool
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Staff is multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front-desk safe
- Tour and ticket information
- Grocery service (free)
- Wedding services available
- Pool or billiards table
- Convenience store
- Gift shop
- Beauty salon
- Television in lobby
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Property
- Number of outdoor pools - 4
- Children's pool
- Free WiFi
- Grocery/convenience store
- Laundry facilities
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Free cribs/infant beds
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
- Airport: San Jose (SJO-Juan Santamaria Intl.) (155 km / 96.3 mi)
- Property shuttles: Free beach shuttle; airport shuttle, area shuttle within 300 km, cruise terminal shuttle, and ferry terminal shuttle available for a surcharge
La Mariposa Hotel offers 70 air-conditioned accommodations, which are accessible via exterior corridors and feature safes and hair dryers. Rooms open to balconies. Each accommodation is individually decorated. 28-inch LCD televisions come with cable channels. Bathrooms include showers with rainfall showerheads, and complimentary toiletries. Guests can surf the web using the complimentary wireless Internet access. In-room massages and irons/ironing boards can be requested. A nightly turndown service is provided and housekeeping is offered daily.
- Private balcony
- In-room dining (limited hours)
- LCD television
- Cable channels
- Rainfall showerhead
- Cribs (free)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Nightly turndown service
- Massage in room (surcharge)
- Hair dryer
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board available
- Exterior corridor access
- Air conditioning
- Ensuite bathroom
- Unique decor
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
Guests are served free full breakfast daily from 6:30 AM to 10 AM.
Le Papillon - This poolside restaurant specializes in international cuisine and serves breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). A children's menu is available. Open daily.
A complimentary grocery shopping service is offered and room service (during limited hours) is available.
4 outdoor swimming pools are on site along with a children's pool.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Fishing on site
- Water skiing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Hot springs nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Ziplining nearby
- Beach yoga on site
- Rafting nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Boat tours nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Hot stone massage
- Swedish massage
- Thai massage
- Manicures and pedicures
- Detoxification wrap
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Check-in time ends at midnight
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
The front desk is open daily from 6 AM - 11 PM.
If you are planning to arrive after 11 PM please contact the property in advance using the information on the booking confirmation.
24-hour airport shuttle service is available on request. Fees may apply. Contact the property in advance to make arrangements.
The front desk at this property is open daily from 6 AM - 11 PM.
Guests arriving after 11 PM must make advance arrangements by contacting the property using the information on the booking confirmation.
Airport transportation is offered on request 24 hours a day. Fees may apply. Please make arrangements in advance by contacting the property.
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for CRC 11000 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets and service animals are not allowed at La Mariposa Hotel
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. No onsite parking is available. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card, or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. No onsite parking is available.
- No pets or service animals allowed
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Airport shuttle fee: CRC 215000 per vehicle (roundtrip)
- Rollaway bed fee: CRC 11000 per night
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Hotel Mariposa
- La Mariposa
- La Mariposa Hotel
- La Mariposa Hotel Manuel Antonio
- La Mariposa Manuel Antonio
- Mariposa Hotel
- Hotel La Mariposa Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park
- La Mariposa Costa Rica
- Mariposa Hotel Manuel Antonio
- Mariposa Manuel Antonio
- La Mariposa Hotel Costa Rica/Quepos
You should know
- La Mariposa Hotel offers transfers from the cruise terminal, ferry terminal, and airport (fees may apply). Please contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation 48 hours prior to arrival with your arrival details.
- Reservations are needed for massage services and spa treatments. For reservations, contact the resort before arrival using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
- Pets and service animals are not allowed on site.