Dig a little deeper into the history of the area at Plaza de Espana, a not-to-be-missed attraction for any history addict.
You'll discover this attraction in Algarinejo, 220 miles (354 kilometers) from Madrid, the nation's capital.
Even though there's just 1 hotel in the area, how many do you really need? It is a distance of just 5 miles (8 kilometers) to Plaza de Espana from the Complejo Rural La Huerta.
Getting to everything you want to see can be hard work, and it's almost impossible without at least one coffee a day. When you feel like you need that caffeine kick, head over to Café Pub Baby. (Calle Real, 26, Algarinejo.) When you need a little more sustenance, Restaurante Casa Piolas (Calle Ramón Y Cajal, 1, Algarinejo) is a good choice.
Other Things to Do Near Plaza de Espana
You've come here to experience Plaza de Espana, but you could be pleasantly surprised by what the rest of the area has available:
- You ought to stop by Church of Santa Maria. Even though this local house of prayer is frequented by tourists, you need to ask about the tour times if you think you'd like to spend a bit of time inside this peaceful building.
- During your adventures, you might want to stop and see Ermita del Santo Cristo, a local house of prayer. If you want to view this church from the inside, make sure you make inquiries for visiting times before your trip.
- Head to Neptune's Fountain, a well-known meeting place. Chat with some locals or just relax and imagine this historic water feature in its heyday.
- Set aside some time to go and see San Francisco Church. Remember to inquire for visiting information if you'd like to venture inside.
- If you can't visit one of the more famous museums, give your knowledge a boost at House Museum of Niceto Alcala.