You can’t quite explain why, but there’s always been something about the desert that speaks to you. Whether it’s the lure of the golf links or the prospect of lazy, poolside days, you find yourself drawn to sandy resorts in Southern California. Hollywood’s elite have escaped to Palm Springs for decades, but now that the secret’s out, it’s your turn to enjoy an A-list experience.
With extraordinary architecture, indulgent shopping, and restorative retreats into nature—or into the spa, Palm Springs seems too good to be true. But this is no mirage, wise wanderer. It’s time for you to enjoy the ultimate in relaxation during your trip to California.
Where to Stay in Palm Springs
A rich assortment of hotels and resorts await your arrival in this Southern California city. To get the most out of your getaway, here’s a helpful guide to some of the best places to stay in Palm Springs.
- Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa for celebrity treatment: Situated on 240 acres of lush desert real estate, this luxurious, recently renovated mountainside resort is just a short drive from downtown Palm Springs, and close to several landmark destinations including the Aerial Tramway and El Paseo shopping district. Here are a few other perks you can expect:
- Water park: Looking to get wet and wild with the whole family? Splashtopia is a two-acre on-site water park with a pair of 100-foot slides and a lazy river among other activities.
- Spa: Seeking relaxation? Pamper yourself inside and out at the Omni’s 20,000 sq. ft. spa that offers an impressive menu of relaxing and rejuvenating treatments.
- Golf course: Want to work on your golf game? Grab your clubs and head to the resort’s 27-hole championship course, which poses a challenge for pros and novices alike.
- Dining and drinks: Eager to eat? Blue Ember is the resort’s sophisticated signature restaurant, while the courtyard’s Palms Café offers coffee and casual fare. R Bar provides comfort food and craft cocktails well into the evening.
- La Quinta Resort & Club - A Waldorf Astoria Resort for world-class comfort: One of the finest hotels in Palm Springs, the Waldorf Astoria sits on 45 acres of verdant gardens at the foot of the Santa Rosa Mountains. Here’s what you can look forward to when you book a stay here:
- Comforts of home: All guestrooms include a fireplace, new furniture, and colorful accents, while suites offer private starlight patios with breathtaking mountain views.
- Snacks and a swim: Take a dip in the newly decked pool, then grab a bite to eat at the Centre Court Café, serving up small plates to enjoy in the shade.
- Event space: Hold all-star events in any of the three upgraded ballrooms, or host a smaller affair in the newly constructed Fountain Room, perfect for board meetings and private dining events.
- Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs for your inner rock star: Synonymous with the rock ‘n’ roll lifestyle, this hotel is a dream destination for aspiring and accomplished musicians alike, as well as those who simply appreciate awesome tunes. Among other amenities, here’s what the Hard Rock Hotel has to offer:
- Dinner, drinks, and dance: With a bar located right in the lobby, you’re welcome to grab a drink while you check in. There’s also a dance club to discover and Sessions Restaurant, where you can order incredible entrees you won’t find anywhere else.
- Spa and fitness: Experience a new level of revitalization when you visit the hotel’s spa for restorative services that will leave you feeling like a new person. And if it’s exercise you’re in the mood for, the Body Rock Fitness Center promises not to disappoint.
- Music everywhere: The hotel’s unique Sound of Your Stay program lets you stream a personalized playlist from anywhere on the property you happen to be, and a member of the staff can even bring you a classic electric guitar and amp so you can rock out in your room.
- JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa for outdoor enthusiasts: With five pools, two championship golf courses, and a world-class spa experience, this luxury resort serves as a stunning setting for relaxing, rejuvenating retreats. You’ll also encounter exotic birds, breathtaking boat tours, and delightful dining options at the resort's six on-site restaurants. Check out these other perks:
- Wellness resources: Burn some calories at the Biggest Loser Resort, offering an integrated suite of diet, exercise, and relaxation services, or make an appointment at The Spa at Desert Springs, which provides an impressive number of restorative services.
- Golf: With a pair of 18-hole championship courses, the Desert Springs Golf Club is the ideal place to perfect your putt while enjoying the stunning scenery surrounding you.
- Event space: A dream destination for weddings and corporate events, the 200,000 sq. ft. of event space allows you to host occasions of any kind.
Travelocity makes it easy to book cheap hotels near Palm Springs no matter what time of year you plan on getting away. Our selection of Palm Springs hotel rooms is the largest on the web, giving you the greatest number options before making a decision. So why wait another minute to plan your California adventure? Book a room at any of our Palm Springs hotels today, and you’ll be having a decadent time in the desert before you know it.