Meiji Mura is certainly a place worth experiencing.
It's just one of the many things to explore in the fantastic city of Nagoya.
If you're just coming to see Meiji Mura, it would make sense to take a room at the Route-Inn Grantia Komaki. At 1 mile (2 kilometers) away, it's the closest option to the sight.
If you need a break from Meiji Mura, take the short walk to 喫茶サフラン for a fresh-brewed cup of coffee. When you're looking for somewhere with a heartier menu, 藤一番ラーメン小牧インター店 can quiet a rumbling tummy. Anybody who loves a drink or two should also pull up a bar stool at The Scratch, yet another brief walk away.
Other Things to Do Near Meiji Mura
After your time at Meiji Mura, get ready for the other attractions that the region has to offer:
- Grab some snacks and hike to the top of Mt Komaki.
- Renoir, the acclaimed French painter, once stated that if you want to understand art, you have to go to a museum and look at it. Why not heed the advice and go to Menard Art Museum while in the destination?
- Give your kids a chance to burn off some of their seemingly limitless energy by running around in Horioseki Park, a green, leafy getaway.
- You'll learn more about the belief system and traditions of the region by visiting Tagata Jinjya.
- History buffs will want to visit Kitanagoya Folk History Museum, where history comes to life and tells stories from the past.