Take a step back to a bygone era when you visit Mastodon Ridge, a symbol of what once was.
Tourists who would like to see it will have to make their way to the provincial capital, Halifax.
The Nelson House Bed & Breakfast is just 0.7 miles (1.1 kilometer) away from Mastodon Ridge, and that makes it a convenient place to book a room while you're here.
Coffee, a slice of cake and some time to think are what you'll discover at Tim Hortons (87 Main Street West, Stewiacke). However, if you wish to experience something new, enjoy the ambience at Coldstream Clear Distillery (87 Main Street West, Stewiacke).
Other Things to Do Near Mastodon Ridge
Once you are finished with Mastodon Ridge, be sure not to neglect the region's other attractions:
- Find out the difference between your birdies, backswings and bogeys, with a game or two at The Links At Penn Hills.
- A guided tour of Shubenacadie Provincial Wildlife Park, an animal sanctuary, is worthwhile for every nature enthusiast.
- If you would like to take some fantastic photos, head up to Caddell Rapids Lookoff Provincial Park and check out the stunning views.
- You'll feel the exhilaration as the expert drivers take on the twists and turns at Atlantic Motorsport Park.
- Pick up a couple of brochures and maps from Fundy Tidal Interpretive Centre and find out more about this area.