Locust School is definitely a place worth seeing.
To see it, head about 160 miles (257 kilometers) from the state capital, Des Moines, to Decorah.
It would be wise to reserve your accommodation before you head off, since there aren't any hotels near Locust School. Located 55 miles (89 kilometers) away, the Marriott Rochester Mayo Clinic is a good choice. The Oakenwald Terrace, 35 miles (56 kilometers) away, and the Residence Inn by Marriott Rochester Mayo Clinic Area, a drive of 55 miles (89 kilometers), are two more places you can investigate.
Other Things to Do Near Locust School
When you're finished enjoying Locust School, get set to experience what the wider region has available:
- Bring the kids to the informative Seed Savers Exchange Heritage Farm for an afternoon.
- Visit Laura Ingalls Wilder Park and Museum and let your mind wander as you imagine the characters who once were here.
- Go for a walk and check out the unspoiled location at Ice Cave Hill Park.
- Relive your college years with a designated tour of Luther College.
- If you're in need of an outdoor adventure, you should stop by Dunnings Spring Park, a well-loved local recreational area.