You'll certainly enjoy your trip to Lake Isabella.
It awaits you in Wofford Heights, 260 miles (418 kilometers) from the state capital, Sacramento.
You have 2 hotel options to select from nearby, and they're all excellent choices. The Lakeshore Lodge and Barewood Inn and Suites are within 2 miles (3 kilometers) of Lake Isabella.
If you would like to save a little bit of your hard-earned money for some of the finer things in life, you can stay at one of the budget-friendly solutions within easy driving distance. Why not opt for one of the Piazza's Pine Cone Inn and the Kern Lodge?
Every now and then, a quick bite from the corner store just isn't good enough. Treat yourself to a heartier meal at Durrwood II the Lode (6540 Wofford Boulevard, Wofford Heights) after a day at Lake Isabella. Harry's Bar (6540 Wofford Boulevard, Wofford Heights) offers a relaxed atmosphere where you can get comfortable with a few drinks after a meal. You'll find it only 0.2 miles (0.3 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Lake Isabella
After you're done at Lake Isabella, there are an assortment of other attractions that'll keep you on the move:
- Browsing at Kern River Outfitters is a good way to fit in with the locals.
- If you're a golfing enthusiast and wouldn't mind playing a quick round, book a tee time at Kern Valley Golf Course.
- History may not come to life in textbooks, but the exhibitions at The Kern Valley Museum make learning an enriching experience for all patrons.
- Go for a hike among nature's beauty at Cannell Trail, a popular local hiking trail.
- Educating yourself about the history of an area at Kern River Valley Historical Society can make you feel more appreciative of the land and its inhabitants during your stay.