Allow the natural world to envelop you as you discover Khanpur Dam.
Located in the national capital, Islamabad, it is one of many things that attracts travelers in droves.
On the lookout for somewhere to stay? You won't find any accommodation options close-at-hand, but you can select from a small number of establishments a bit farther out. The Islamabad Marriott Hotel, 10 miles (16 kilometers) away, and the Hotel One Kohsar, 9 miles (14 kilometers) away, are two places that might work around your schedule. If not, 13 miles (21 kilometers) away is the Best Western Islamabad Hotel.
Other Things to Do Near Khanpur Dam
If you would like to stuff as much as humanly possible into your trip, see what else is happening:
- For a trip into the past, find your way to Taxila Excavations, where you'll get to see evidence of an archaeological dig.
- To enjoy an adventure into the past, make your way to Taxila Museum, where you can see evidence of a real archaeological dig.
- Whether you want to walk around the prayer rooms or marvel at the outer designs, you should plan to go to Faisal Mosque.
- If you've never witnessed an existing burial chamber, have a look at Golfa Sharif Mausoleum.
- Daman-e-Koh provides panoramic views so it is a fantastic spot to see the surrounding area.