Learning about the past helps us to better understand the present, so a trip to Horton House is certainly worth your while.
Brunswick, 250 miles (402 kilometers) from the state capital, Atlanta, is where you will find it.
Since it's just 1 mile (2 kilometers) away, many who travel to Horton House reserve a room at the Villas By the Sea Resort & Conference Center.
If you're tired of having to choose between eating out or buying that perfect gift, free up some of your cash by reserving a room at one of the surrounding area's more economical solutions. The Days Inn And Suites Jekyll Island and the Quality Inn & Suites Jekyll Island are a couple of the known places.
A short commute away, you can find a small selection of chic establishments to treat yourself to. You might want to check out the Ocean Lodge and Sea Gate Inn by Sea Palm Resort.
Other Things to Do Near Horton House
You've traveled a long way, so we imagine Horton House won't be the only thing on your itinerary. Once you've taken it in, be sure to investigate what the rest of the area has to offer:
- Spend a couple of hours or more honing your golfing skills at Jekyll Island Golf Club.
- Meander along St. Simons Island Pier, which is pleasant at all hours of the day, but particularly first thing in the morning under a golden light.
- St. Simons Lighthouse Museum has steered many boats to shore throughout its history and is an icon in the region.
- Educate yourself on the fascinating creatures living at Georgia Sea Turtle Center, a local animal sanctuary.
- Looking for some parkland to enjoy a picnic with the family, a relaxing stroll or just soak up the sun? Head over to Demere Park.