Filling your lungs with the fresh air at Hintersteiner See Lake is a wonderful way to calm your restless mind.
Kufstein, roughly 45 miles (72 kilometers) from Innsbruck, the state capital, is where you'll find it.
If you're just coming to see Hintersteiner See Lake, you'd do well to book a room at the Chalet Hotel am Leitenhof. At 1 mile (2 kilometers) away, it's the closest option to the attraction.
The surrounding area's more economical accommodations will give you all you need at a price you'll appreciate. You can inquire about the Genusslandhotel Hochfilzer and the Landhotel Föhrenhof Ellmau.
You’ll be overwhelmed by the splendid services and accommodation at the handful of high-end hotels that are a quick drive away. The Hotel der Bär and Landhof Ellmau are popular.
Treat yourself and your travel companions to a deserved coffee stop at Berggasthof Bärnstatt (Hinterstein 17, Scheffau/Wilden Kaiser), 0.4 miles (0.6 kilometers) away. Popular with locals and visitors alike, this outlet dishes up superb coffee, quick snacks and sweets.
Other Things to Do Near Hintersteiner See Lake
As well as Hintersteiner See Lake, travelers often stop by one or two of the area's other noteworthy attractions:
- Leave your troubles behind and head to the wintry wonderland of SkiWelt Wilder Kaiser - Brixental and take advantage of the freshly fallen snow.
- Take a trip aboard Ellmis 6er for an opportunity to admire the view while allowing your weary feet a rest.
- Indulge in that adrenaline rush as you glide through the freshly fallen snow at Nachtski Soll.
- Peek into the manufacturing industry in this region by going to one of the open days at Riedel Glas.
- Unpack your swimsuits, bring your towels and prepare for a few hours of family fun at KaiserBad Ellmau.