Pet owners shouldn't miss Hilo, a city known for its shopping, and sights like Pacific Tsunami Museum and Lyman Museum.
How to Wander Wisely in Hilo with Your Pet
- Enjoy the fresh air at Kalakaua Park, Lincoln Park, and Wailoa River State Park Hawaii.
- Other things to see include Panaewa Rainforest Zoo, Imiloa Astronomy Center, and East Hawaii Cultural Center.
- Need a pet store? Try Stacey's Pets, West Hawaii Pet Sitters Society, or Hawaii's Elite Jerky For Dogs.
- For vet care, San Filippo William DVM, Kilauea Veterinary Services, and Imaino Lei DVM are located in the area.
Featured Pet-Friendly Hotels in Hilo
- Hilo Bay Hale Bed and Breakfast
Pets are allowed at this 3-star bed & breakfast, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate its spacious rooms.
Pet-Friendly Times to Vacation in Hilo
Weather can make or break your trip, especially if you want to spend time outdoors. Here are the average daytime and nighttime temperatures to help better plan your trip in Hilo.
From January to March, average temperatures range from 79°F in the daytime to 63°F at night. Between April and June, the daytime average is 83°F and the nighttime average is 65°F.
From July to September, average temperatures range from 83°F in the daytime to 69°F at night. Between October and December, the daytime average is 83°F and the nighttime average is 64°F.