A visit to Great Sugi of Kayano is a great way to make the most of your vacation time.
To get to it, take a trip of to Kaga, 190 miles (306 kilometers) from the country's capital, Tokyo.
Choice of hotel can be the difference between an unremarkable trip and an outstanding one. There are 11 accommodations to choose from that are within 2 miles (3 kilometers) of Great Sugi of Kayano, so it shouldn't be a problem to find one that suits your needs. A lot of people have had good experiences at the Hanamurasaki, 2 miles (3 kilometers) away, the Kissho Yamanaka, 2 miles (3 kilometers) away, and the Yamanaka Onsen Shirasagiyu Tawaraya, 2 miles (3 kilometers) away.
After you've made your way around all the attractions, spend a night or more at one of the handful of top-end hotels that are a quick drive away. You may want to check out the Rurikoh and Hatori.
If your day's walking has left you a little peckish, make your way to 手打ちそば･そば打ち体験 ろくろの里山ぼうし (He-225-1 Yamanakaonsen Sugatanimachi, Kaga). It's a meager 0.4 miles (0.6 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Great Sugi of Kayano
After you're finished with Great Sugi of Kayano, there are plenty of other things to see in the rest of the area:
- As the water flows below Korogi Bridge, think about the effort it took to make this significant bridge.
- More than just a bridge, Ayatori Bridge is a fantastic example of how modern design blends functionality and art.
- Get a sneak peak into the industry in this region by heading to one of the open days at Yamanaka Lacquerware Traditional Industry Plaza.
- Calm your body and soul by visiting the beautiful natural springs of Katayamazu Onsen.
- Be nice and relaxed at at Yamanaka Onsen, a notable local resort.