Thinking about stopping into Freedom Park?
This site is situated in Morehead City, roughly 130 miles (209 kilometers) from the state capital, Raleigh.
If you want to be right among the action, you won't be disappointed. There are 2 accommodation options available nearby. You might like to think about spending a few nights at the Ann Street Inn and Pecan Tree Inn, both within 2 miles (3 kilometers) of Freedom Park.
Other Things to Do Near Freedom Park
After you've visited Freedom Park, get ready for the other terrific attractions available in the region:
- A cemetery usually isn't a must see site on most traveler's itineraries, but you'll discover that Old Burying Ground Historic Cemetery has a compelling story to tell about the life and times of the region.
- Plan a visit to Beaufort Historic Site and you'll really get a sense of its significance.
- Admire the sailboats and yachts moored in the docks, or just wander around and breathe fresh air at Town Creek Marina. Contact them for information.
- Filled to the brim with intriguing displays about the local maritime history, North Carolina Maritime Museum is a site that the whole family will enjoy.
- A calm and protected reserve, Rachel Carson Reserve is a great place to get some fresh air.