Some historical sightseeing at Five Islands Lighthouse is a great way to get to know the area a little better.
You'll find it in Amherst, 60 miles (97 kilometers) from the provincial capital, Halifax.
Even though you won't find any accommodation in the immediate vicinity, all is not lost. Situated 45 miles (72 kilometers) away, the Fox Harb' r Resort is a strong choice. The Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel, 60 miles (97 kilometers) away, and the St. James Gate, a drive of 60 miles (97 kilometers), are two more places to consider.
Other Things to Do Near Five Islands Lighthouse
You are here for Five Islands Lighthouse, but you could well be just as pleased with what else the area has going on:
- Head to Cobequid Interpretation Centre if you have any questions. Help yourself to valuable brochures and maps that will help you enjoy your vacation.
- Golf is a nice way to unwind and get some exercise. So if you're eager to have a hit, book a tee time at Parrsboro Golf Course.
- If you're ever sick of the heat, head to Second Beach, and dip your feet in the cool water.
- Parrsboro Lighthouse has guided many ships through the night throughout the years and is a landmark of the region.
- Offering numerous intriguing exhibits, collections and programs, Fundy Geological Museum educates, inspires and entertains the many curious visitors who stream through its doors.