FAQs about Seoul Flights
Which airlines fly to Seoul?
Book your flight with one of the 9 airlines that service Seoul. Wise wanderers often prefer to fly with these carriers:
What airport is best to fly into Seoul?
- Japan Transocean Air
- SriLankan Airlines
- Korean Air
There's no risk of your cab driver going to the wrong airport in Seoul, as there's only one servicing the city. Seoul Airport (GMP-Gimpo Intl.) is about 10 miles (16 kilometers) from the hustle and bustle downtown. Where to stay in Seoul
Finding the true essence of Seoul, the capital of South Korea, starts with booking somewhere to stay. With 1,866 properties to pick from with Travelocity, finding the perfect base for your adventure is easy.
Luxury rooms, silky soft sheets and fabulous service are what you'll find when you book the Hotel President or the Royal Hotel Seoul. However, if you doubt you'll see much of your room, why not try a cheaper option like the Hotel BonBon by Seoulodge Myeongdong or the K-Pop Residence Myeong Dong?
Want to stay around Dongdaemun Market, Jongno? You won't have to wait any longer! Both the Hotel BonBon by Seoulodge Myeongdong and the Small House Big Door are easily accessible and are only a walk away. Places to visit in Seoul
With so many remarkable attractions in Seoul, you might just have to let the boss know that you'll need more time off. Begin with Dongdaemun Market and Gyeongbok Palace. You'd also be crazy to miss out on seeing the COEX Convention and Exhibition Center and the National Museum of Korea.
So much to see and so little time. If you're keen to experience the best this city has to offer, add the Sungnyemun Gate and Deoksugung Palace to your travel itinerary. If you have an extra day to spare, swing by the Jogyesa Temple and Namsan Park as well.
Take a few hours alone for some reflection while you visit War Memorial of Korea. Need some more ideas? Even if you don't take a full indoor tour of Changgyeonggung Palace, this impressive landmark is definitely worth viewing from the exterior. And that's not all. If you're a fan of all things historical, don't miss Changdeokgung Palace, an imposing building famous for its construction and storied history. How to get through airport security fast when traveling to Seoul
Your journey to Seoul kicks off as soon as you've satisfied the security checks. Here are some handy tips to make sure you get through quickly:
- Airport security personnel will ask to see your boarding pass and passport at the checkpoint. Keep them in a convenient place, so they're ready for inspection.
- It's important to know that belts with metal buckles can set off the body scanner's alarms. If you have one on, you may be asked to take it off before proceeding.
- Ensure your phone, laptop and other electronic devices are easily accessible. These items need to be put through the X-ray machine in separate tubs.
- When you approach the security checkpoint, you'll be asked to put all creams, liquids and gels in a separate tray for scanning. Make sure they're all packed in containers smaller than 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters) and sealed in a clear zip-lock bag.
- Consider your choice of footwear. Slippers are awesome because they're easy to step out of for the airport security checks. Try wearing some on your next flight!
- Razors and knives are prohibited inside the plane. Tuck them away in your checked luggage to avoid losing them at the airport security checkpoint.