FAQs about Nairobi Flights
Which airlines fly to Nairobi?
When it comes to locking in your flight, it's good to have a bit of choice. A total of 14 airlines fly into Nairobi, including:
What airport is best to fly into Nairobi?
- Japan Transocean Air
- SriLankan Airlines
Before booking your flight to Nairobi, consider where you're planning to stay. This might help you decide which airport would be best to arrive at. Nairobi Airport (NBO-Jomo Kenyatta Intl.) is 8 miles (13 kilometers) from the city center, while Nairobi Airport (WIL-Wilson) is around 2 miles (3 kilometers) from downtown. Where to stay in Nairobi
Enjoy the fancier things in life? Then spend your getaway in serious style at the InterContinental Nairobi. Watching your budget? Not to worry, you won't be left in the cold. The Kenya Comfort Hotel will keep you and your wallet happy. Places to visit in Nairobi
Times Tower stands out from the many other business locations in the area. Need some more options? If you forget your way, look for National Assembly Building, a prominent landmark in the local area. But that's not all. If you're a fan of theater, take in an entertaining production at Kenya National Theatre. How to get through airport security fast when traveling to Nairobi
Make your flight to Nairobi a little easier by reading over these practical security tips:
- Airport security personnel will request to see your boarding pass and travel ID as part of their checks. Store them in an accessible place, so they're ready for inspection.
- Wallets, belts and keys must be placed in a bin for X-raying. If you pass through the body scanner with any one of these items, you'll be requested to turn back and remove them.
- Electronics such as laptops, cameras and phones need to be sent through the X-ray machine separately. Be sure you can get to them quickly.
- Toothpaste, deodorant and other toiletry items in gel, liquid or cream form need to be stored in containers smaller than 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters). They also need to fit in a 1-quart (1-liter) clear zip-lock bag.
- Consider your choice of footwear. Slippers are great because they're easy to remove when you're doing the airport security checks. Try wearing a pair on your next flight!
- Pack any pocketknives or other sharp and pointy items inside your checked luggage. Airport security won't allow these on the aircraft.